I have no plans, other than maybe working out today. I’m looking forward to relaxing with Joel, Mr. Star, and possibly my brother. I’ve thought of a few things that I would like to accomplish in 2012, so I guess I’ll list them here.
1. Get more sleep. I know that this will be challenging with school and work and all, but I definitely need to make an effort. Time management will probably help.
2. Run a real life 5k. One that doesn’t take place on the trail behind my place.
3. Don’t be too hard on myself. This is particularly true with school. For some reason I feel like anything less than an A is a failure, when that’s simply not true. If I keep my head down and do my work to the best of my abilities, I don’t imagine I should have any reason to be disappointed. And if I don’t put forth my full effort, then that’s my own fault.
4. Finish the TurboFire program. Regardless of my results, I want to finish this program.
5. Put my health first. I have an unhealthy and dysfunctional relationship with food. I also live an entirely too sedentary lifestyle. I know that I am going to have problems later in life, maybe sooner than I want to think, if I do not take charge and make some changes. There’s no reason to throw my life away for some |insert guilty pleasure food here|.
I think that I’m taking a step in the right direction with Maria’s TurboFire + Shakeology challenge. I know it will be hard and I won’t want to do it on some days, but there’s no excuse to be lazy. I mean, I’ve been able to come up with all kinds of excuses to not work out over the years: it’s too early, it’s too late, I don’t want to put in my contacts, my favorite sports bra is dirty, etc., etc. But I’m tired of making excuses and expecting results. I’m tired of not being able to find clothes/jeans/bathing suits. I’m tired of being embarrassed to be in pictures. I’m tired of not being able to comfortably cross my legs. And I’m tired of being tired. I know that I need to put in some hard work, and I’m ready to do it.
Well now that I’m all amped up, I think its time to get my last minute groceries and do some TurboFire. I wish you all a wonderful 2012 and I will check in with you soon!!
2 thoughts on “Happy New Years Eve!”