After finishing book #13 of the year today, I figured I could share the links to my reviews on the Cannonball site. I’ve honestly been too lazy to cross post, so this is going to just be a massive update.
I feel like I’ve read 100 books already but it’s humbling to know I’ve only finished 13. Goodreads (friend me and we can share!) says I’m 2 books behind pace now. Woo hoo!
- Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn (I don’t remember if I posted this here)
- Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? And Other Concerns by Mindy Kaling (this one either)
- A Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin
- Identity: Lost by Pascal Marco
- The Hangman’s Daughter by Oliver Potzsch
- Divergent by Veronica Roth
- Insurgent by Veronica Roth
- Dark Places by Gillian Flynn
Of these my favorite was probably the Divergent series by Veronica Roth. They’re similar to the Hunger Games, and even though there’s a war that breaks out and people die, the kids don’t have to kill each other in a yearly game, so it’s got that going for it. Thanks Kail for recommending!! She put up with my texts at 2AM because I couldn’t stop reading. It’s addictive.
Also Mindy Kaling’s book is great if you like her. If you don’t, you’ll probably find it annoying for all of the reasons that I unabashedly love her and everything she touches.
Coming up next: I recently purchased Bossy Pants, Angela’s Ashes (if only because they read it in the book club in The Office and Jim says that is favorite character is “The Ashes”), A Clash of Kings, Pillars of the Earth, Wool, Queen of the Summer Stars (book 2 of the Guinevere trilogy), and I’m sure some other stuff.
Give me more recommendations! I have a long ways to go!