I mentioned to Joel that I wanted a ballet barre at home. I found a couple of links from Laughing Abi and The Adult Ballerina Project to help him on his way. I followed everything they said to do except that I used handrails instead of dowell rods. They were a bit thicker and only a little more expensive.
So in the time it took me to assemble this:
Joel put together this:
I haven’t painted it yet, I’m going with Green Apple, but it’s great. We cut everything at the store so once we got home all we had to do was assemble. And it literally took him 20 seconds.
I also bought a new pair of canvas shoes for class. I bought leather when I went back because they feel like butter (Capezio Juliet II, this is the regular Juliet), but they stick to the floor in the studio. So I wore my Bloch Pro-Elastics to class last week and they’re so big that I almost pitched them and went back to the others.
Of course the one pair I picked of the ten I tried on didn’t have the elastics pre-sewn (Bloch Pump), so I had to do that, which I haven’t done in a long time. So I made some rookie errors, sewed them too tight, and when I redid them you can see the line of silver Sharpie from where I marked them.
We also got news that our class is going to go from 60 to 90 minutes starting in August! I might lose my mind from excitement.
I also made a skirt (tutorial), but it didn’t look that great so I’ll put up a picture when I make a better one.